Friday, January 4, 2019

Amazon Phishing Scam

When you receive emails, always be careful. I received this email supposedly from Amazon which actually turned out to be a phishing scam. The email looked like it originated from Amazon but since I did not buy anything from Amazon recently, I was naturally suspicious.

Attached to the email is a zip file. I carefully downloaded the file and opened it but I did not install the file. If you download the file and open it, you will realize it contains a .exe file. It is never wise to open any email with a .exe or executable file.

On taking a closer look at the email by looking at the source, you can see the email originated from a site called axorcismal.com.



So, somebody actually spoofed the email from Amazon. Whatever the case, if you are in doubt, be careful when you open such mail.

The reason I post this up is I know more and more Malaysians are buying things from Amazon. Don't get conned into installing virus or worst still, a small program that fools you into revealing your login id and password.

Having said that, buying things from Amazon can safe you quite a bit of money especially for things that are not common. All it takes is some common sense, and be alert to scams.

Read about my experience of buying things from Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment